Rep. Todd Akin has until 5 p.m. CST today to drop out of his Senate race without facing any procedural difficulties. Here are some more stories we passed around at the Last Word rundown meeting today:
- Mitt Romney calls on Todd Akin to 'exit the Senate race'
- Akin asks for 'forgiveness' in new ad
- Akin vows to stay in Senate race, calls fury over remarks an 'overreaction'
- GOP approves strict anti-abortion language in party platform
- Poll: Approval of Congress hits rock bottom
- Barack Obama's billionaire problem
- Nevada same-sex couple denied hospital visitation despite domestic partnership
- Obama to push contrast on education in Ohio, Nevada